Monday, December 2, 2013

Un Dia a la Vez (Day 14)

These days we've been given to focus on bonding have indeed been extra special, although at times we've wished time would pass more quickly (hurry up court date so we can get all the other paperwork underway), we realize that God has us here for a reason- and that these days have been precious in the overall bonding process since we've been virtually distraction free.
C, the boys, Michelle and I had a wonderful day in that we enjoyed time with our host family, David & Lala (they're related to Michelle's Uncle and we feel that in a short time, God has begun knitting our hearts together and they may as well be family), time playing together, and going on a leisurely walk.

It was on said walk that the Lord reminded me of a very profound concept. It was as though I could once again take a deep, relaxing breath. Have you ever felt overwhelmed? Like when there's SO much going on in life that you can't see straight? If I can be transparent for a bit- that's us right now. Yes, we're ECSTATIC about being here in Peru right now going through this final leg of the adoption process, but there's so many things coming down the pike that it's getting to be overwhelming if we spend time thinking about it. Back to this profound concept, WAY back when my family lived in Mexico (when I was a young lad), I heard a song and the lyrics have stuck with me all these years. Coincidence? Nah- Providence!

Here's the song (With Lyrics)-
 
Beautiful, isn't it? Well, for those who don't understand Spanish- click here for a link to the English Lyrics. Here's the part of the song that I sang over and over (in my head...I wouldn't dare put those around me in that kind of misery...although now that I think about it, I can sing to C all I want and tell her it's beautiful...hmm)-
"One day at a time sweet Jesus that's all I'm asking from you
Give me the strength to do everyday what I have to do
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus and tomorrow may never be mine
So for my sake teach me to take one day at a time."
To top it off, when we rounded the corner near the house, I saw a car parked across the street that I haven't seen here to date. On the back of the car was this phrase- "Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece." Again, for our non-Spanish speaking folk- that's Philippians 4:13, which if you're familiar with it you know Paul pens those words after having talked about Rejoicing. But, not just rejoicing when things are going great and when everything makes sense- he spoke of being able to to rejoice and be content, (the opposite of anxious as he mentioned a few verses prior) no matter his circumstances. I'm so grateful for God's subtle reminders along life's path that He's got me, and He's got THIS!

What do you need to let go of and trust God with today? Please message us and let us know if and how we can pray for you, we'd be honored to do so.

Well- nothing earth shattering happened today in the grand scheme of things but in the end- I'm just living "Un Dia a la Vez" (One Day at a Time). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be kind & courteous when leaving comments!