Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Today Sherwin-Williams donated 9 gallons of paint (more than we need), a local waste management company committed to donate a dumpster, and we calculated a total of 702 sponsorship letters sent.
Another praise (unrelated to this project specifically but it relates to the adoption) is we were notified this evening that our family was awarded a $2,000 grant from Bridge of Hope Ministries! (time to start doing some updates on the donation thermometer). DONE! ;)
How can you pray now?
-Home Depot has promised to meet regarding how they will help tomorrow (Wednesday) major needs now are still some decking supplies (rails, spindles and necessary hardware).
-We need some cleaning supplies and paint rollers, trays, brushes, etc.
-Good weather for project day
Thanks, and please help us spread the news! Sure we're trying to raise the money to bring our little girl home but most importantly let's show the world what true "Faith with works" means... Share the link- bothhands.org/walterhouse
Monday, August 13, 2012
1. Material donations
3. Food donations
4. Team safety
6. Prior preparation (hazardous tree removal)
7. A construction size dumpster (for old material and clutter disposal)
8. Good weather
9. Corporate Recognition and sponsorship
10. That we'll show others what true Christianity is about
11. That Christ will be glorified
12. That through this, Nora and her family will be blessed & strengthened and that Eden Grace will be as close as the last set of paperwork.
Thursday, August 9, 2012
We're AMAZED at how God has blessed already and how He continues to provide. If you haven't checked it out yet, PLEASE take just a few minutes to do so! Just click HERE. (Honestly, if you don't, this post won't make much sense).
Here's where we stand:
- A local businessman and dear friend donated $500 towards stamps and getting the sponsorship letters sent!
- Our team sent somewhere between 500-600 sponsorship letters (we don't have the final number as some letters are still going out).
- Many of the needed supplies for Nora's (the Widow) have already been donated. Please pray for the remaining items that we need (mainly lumber, hardware and painting supplies
- Covenant Transport has donated a 15 passenger van and they're paying a driver since we'll have to park a few miles away from Nora's!
- Restaurants are already committing to donate food for the project work day!
- Some dear friends have agreed to donate a Washer/Dryer set that is much needed!
- Ooltewah Nursery has graciously agreed to donate plants to "spruce up" the exterior!
Here's some ways you can help us pray specifically for the project:
- Good weather
- Remaining supplies (as mentioned previously- lumber, hardware, painting supplies)
Michelle and I truly believe (as do our boys- "faith like a child" right??) that this project will be the means by which we raise the final $20,000 needed to bring Eden home. Please pray with us! GOD CAN and WILL!
Humbled by YOUR help & prayers,
Jonathan, Michelle, Jaiden, Levi (and a precious little girl who will thank you one day!)